Friday, January 25, 2008

Happy Robbie Burns Day to all my Scottish friends


I have begun quilting my Carolina Crossroads quilt in an oak and maple leaf pattern, with the borders being done in a smaller leaf pattern. It is going quite smoothly, in spite of the many seams. So far so good.

Today I helped a friend load a king size quilt onto her Beeline frame, the only way to do a large quilt like that is to have 2 buddies helping out so it doesn't go all askew.

Tomorrow, hopefully I will get my quilt finished and get the binding on it, not that I am rushing to get it done but I still have to finish 2 more we care quilts and 3 bags and another mystery quilt before the second Tuesday in February. And that other mystery quilt has only just got started. So this is the pressure I put myself under. Always saying, "Next month will be easier". And it never is. Still swooshing by me is the sound of the deadline on my Celiac cookbook, but the sewing this month has prioritized itself over the writing.

Also tomorrow is Amber's little boy's first birthday celebration so we have to go into North Vancouver to help blow out the candle for that. Might be fun as snow is forecast, and that's always a big treat out here.

Posting a photo of the Carolina Crossroads on the Inspira frame, with one border quilted.

No comments: