Tuesday, January 29, 2008





Took this photo this morning before I dusted the "powder" off my car so I could get out to the Celiac Support Group meeting at the Gourmet Gallery. Nice and feathery , would have been grand for skiing, but I had places to go and people to see. Waited around at the Gallery and no one showed up. Oh, yeah, I forgot, this is the Fraser Valley where no one goes out if there's snow on the roads. The plough had gone through, missing our cul-de-sac as usual, but with a Jimmy it's still a piece of cake to be mobile. Have to admit that for living in a place where snow is a rarity, we've had more than our share this winter. And with the Arctic Outflow forecast for this evening, it will likely still be there tomorrow.

Well, I did get my letters off in the mail, along with some helmet liners for the grandsons, and picked up a brochure for the DH, but (insert grieving sound here) Curves was closed (sign on the door.closed, due to weather). So I missed my workout today, was almost tempted to strap on the cross country skis and get in some exercise that way, till I heard a moan from my sewing room.yes it was that other mystery quilt calling out to me. I managed to get the first 2 steps done on that before lunch. Took a break and after lunch I quilted the little blue disappearing nine patch that I put on the frame yesterday. And took some photos of the bags I finished last night. so it looks like I am on track to get my "chores" done before guild day.

Made some brownies for the meeting today, and they are delicious. Will freeze some for the meeting next week Hope they taste as good then.

The Art Institute called to let George know that his wine class has been cancelled tonight...due to , wait for it.......yup! WEATHER! We are so soft out here.

So here's a few photos of my finished projects today.

2 comments:

Vickie said...

wow you have been busy and they look fantastic....cheers Vickie

Katie said...

Great bags! Did you use a particular pattern?