Thursday, February 21, 2008

Did you see the moon?



I went out and sat on the driveway last night for a half-hour to watch the eclipse, and it was so exciting to see the moon emerge bright and white after the 'shadow' had passed. Held my arm up to see if it would show up, but couldn't see it with my naked eye at all, at all.

we went to the States yesterday on a little shopping trip and I found all the rulers that I have been searching for ever since the Carolina Crossroads mystery quilt challenge. so now they are neatly stored in my Omnigrid rack awaiting the next time I do hourglass blocks, or half square triangles, etc. got some really nice St. Patrick's stuff too, fabric with shamrocks AND ladybugs too, how cool is that! and socks and stickers, oh I could have spent a fortune. Just love the ABUNDANCE down there! And clerks who seem to be so happy you're a customer in their store. Strange feeling to have a smiling clerk!

And will post photos at last of my Red and Black jacket and convertible mittens while we are still in a month to celebrate the color red.
Finally...Happy Birthday to my number one grandson, james, who celebrated his 21st birthday yesterday. Congratulations James, and on your new career as a soldier in the Canadian Armed Forces. Travel safely.

No comments: