Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Happy St. Valentine's Day!

Well, I give up on searching for the choice of colors for this post, pretend it's red! I will be too busy tomorrow melting chocolate to post and wanted to wish everyone a happy day. Wondering today why the Saint was dropped from the greeting.....we don't say "Happy Patrick's Day" on March 17th, so when did St. Valentine's Day become just Valentine's day???

Today I am working on my red and black jacket for the Quilt show in May. The fabric was quilted to the batting and lining on my Inspira frame, so now I have to conceal the seams' raw edges with a Hong Kong finish. It's looking rather neat, but takes so much more time than just zipping along with the serger. But I think it will be worth it in the long run......something else to take up space in my closet while I run around in the same old dorm pants (otherwise known as flannel PJs to us grannies)

I finished my Convertible mittens last night and will post that photo very soon. Since they are red, will try to get it in this post.

No comments: