Monday, February 25, 2008

Isn't this the cutest thing?


Did you ever take a class with a bunch of professional scrap-bookers who knew what they were doing? Did that on Saturday down at a new (to me) store, opposite Jazz-Ma-Taz on Montrose St. I think it's called Urban Trends. I think the gal running it used to work at Suki's on Granville. Well at least she had the same attitude! Part of the project (making a Vintage Photo Album) consisted of applying "Rub-ons". So you take a Popsicle stick and run it over the lettering while holding the lettering in place in the spot you want the design to be transferred to. So I'm rubbing away, thinking I will discover fire before this thing gets transferred. Turns out you have to remove the plastic from the back of the rub-on first. Since the "teacher" assumed we all knew what we were doing she neglected to tell us that. Nice to give folks a reason to laugh at one of the newbies.....moi. Oh well, been laughed at before and will be again. But it definitely gave me a reason not to patronize this store again. Hate to have to run all the way to Chilliwack to Classics on Alexander but they are most helpful there and never make you feel like a kindergartner in University...even if that is what you are. I did finish the album though and it got me back into the scrapbook room. Now I'm searching for a red album that had photos from 1986 to 88.can't find it anywhere. And all the albums are in that room, so where oh where could it be? Do any of my children know????

No comments: