Friday, February 1, 2008

Now that it is February, I'll switch to red ink, but only till the 14th......
Every now and then we do get a touch of winter out here, though not as severe as what they are getting in Ontario right now, it's still hard to pull on those old winter boots that have been in storage the past few years.

I finished the blocks for the "Peek-a-Bamboo" quilt today and have them laid out on the design wall to see if it plays okay. Was a bit worried that all the black in the quilt (used as the background color) would make it a very depressing quilt, but against the bamboo green it is quite stunning. Will make a great quilt for St. Patirck's Day!
In my warped little mind, I imagined that the Pandas were Koalas, and I have been calling it my "Ned Kelly" quilt..because it is almost a kelly green and that seemed to fit. Then as I was squaring up the blocks, I realized that koalas are not black and white. They sort of look like they are peeking out from the bamboo shoots, thus the name. Will photo it tomorrow when the borders are on and before I put it on the quilting frame. So glad to get this one done, now all my have-tos are done for the month and anything else I do will be a bonus. (Like maybe get that darned old cookbook on paper at last. Okay, that's my goal for the month of February 2008.

No comments: