Saturday, February 2, 2008

The photos below show the red bag inside and out finished at last! And the layout of the Mystery quilt from Carolyn of the Abbotsford Guild. The predominantly green borders sparked it up a bit from all that black in the quilt blocks. Guess that's the danger in a mystery, you never really know how it's going to evolve. But overall I am so pleased with this one (Peek-a-Bamboo) that I am cutting out the strips tomorrow for another one using a Northcott "Quest for the Cure" fabric , a large print with tulips on it, and will use a bright gold for the background and 2 other colors for the A and B fabrics (likely red and green, though there is black in the background of the tulip print, so maybe throw a bit of black on it too.
I'm still finding my way around the layout of the blog thing, so I'm trying to post the photos and then have a description underneath. but it's coming out upside down, so will try again to right that.
Tomorrow I will quilt this Bamboo quilt and then take a break from quilting for a week or so. Need to work on the recipe book for awhile.

No comments: